With some supervision prepares layouts, drawings and designs for fixtures and equipment according to engineering specifications. Through the use of appropriate design software, translates design inputs into features and outputs ensuring design for manufacturability and compliance to regulatory and quality systems are achieved
- Coordinates with appropriate units of the business to evaluate outputs and deliverables for integrity, function, durability and manufacturability.
- Reviews engineering documents and supporting documents to verify design integrity and adherence to company and industry standard.
- Analyzes documentation and confers with engineering staff to resolve details not completely captured or defined in specifications.
- Will use CAD or appropriate software tools to manipulate models layouts and programs to meet new specifications as required.
- Will submit engineering drawings and documentation through appropriate control and approval processes.
- Will write and expedite engineering change orders.
- Will submit periodic reports on assigned topics to appropriate personnel.
- May train and/or assist in the training of others on design related topics.
- Coordinate component, tooling and system acceptance with suppliers.
- Will interact with internal assets to facilitate the delivery of prototypes and models.
- Will contribute to assembly, test, and design analysis as required.
- Will support qualification and validation activities for equipment as required
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, etc. Generally involves sitting most of the time.
- Must be able to review printed materials.
- Must be able to use common office equipment (e.g. calculator, PC, telephone, etc.) and CAD workstation equipment (e.g. keyboard, digitizing pen, etc.).
- Must be able to observe and correct minute inconsistencies (e.g. in the printed word, design appearance, etc.).
- Must be able to follow and explain complex instructions and computer aided design procedures.
- Must be able to complete detailed documentation accurately.
- Must be able to analyze and correct complex to extremely complex 3-dimensional design issues of a broad scope using independent judgement.
Qualifications/Work Experience Preferred
- Associates Degree or Technical Certificate with 5 or more years of experience
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent CAD or related software skills.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent mechanical/electrical/software design solving skills.
- 2-4 years CAD/software design related experience
- 450 hours minimum CAD experience
- Expert knowledge of Pro-Engineer Modules is desired, i.e.: o Sheetmetal o Mechanism o Assembly o Drafting o Intralink
- Knowledge of design lifecycle required
- Good knowledge of industry drafting standards
- Must be able to self-manage tasks and follow project schedules to meet cost and quality standards
- Competent with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Eagerness to assist internal and external customers
- Possess great attention to detail
Work From Home: No
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
- Name: Stryker's Medical Business
- Industry: Healthcare