GEICO IT New Business Sales Configuration Management (CM) and Infrastructure Team has an exciting opportunity for a highly driven and motivated individual looking to grow their career as an Applications Configuration Management Engineer. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the CM role where they will work with IT sales developers and other leads to assist them with code merges, deployments, configuration changes, and build promotion from lower to upper environments.
- Daily build and deployment support for IT Sales applications
- Managing application configurations and deploying them on adhoc bases
- Azue DevOps build and release pipeline review and configurations
- Troubleshooting application & infrastructure issues in lower environments
- Creating release plan and scheduling deployments for training and production
- ITSM practices by opening change request in remedy to comply with GEICO IT compliance
- Participate in on-call rotation for build, deployment, and release activities
- 1+ years IT industry experience is required
- Exposure or understanding of Agile process
- Knowledge of source control tools (e.g. TFS, Azue DevOps (VSTS) , Git)
- Exposure or understanding to review and modify JSON and XML files
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences
- Systems analysis skills and experience producing complex requirements
- A strong knowledge of the software development life cycle
- Self-motivation and a strong sense of ownership
- Driven to achieve successful results
- Able to quickly adjust to changing priorities
- Ability to work independently, yet function as an integral part of a dynamic team
- Commitment to see concurrent projects to successful completion
-Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipeline with build and release in Azure DevOps (formally known as VSTS)
- Azure Certification - any of the 70-4xx or 70-5xx (Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions, implementing MS Azure Infrastructure Solutions)
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
- Name: Geico
- Industry: Client Services