Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
These software engineer positions are for IBM's enterprise data protection product, IBM Spectrum Protect. Our product protects enterprise customer data at a massive scale, often in hybrid cloud environments. Software engineers on this project will develop next-generation technologies to continue to evolve the product in this rapidly growing market space. We're looking for engineers who bring enthusiasm and fresh ideas to a large Tucson-based team. Our engineers need to be versatile and adaptable as they design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve the product.
- Envision and implement new product features (design, code, test, deliver) enabling optimal performance and code reliability (24x7x365) while delivering an excellent user experience.
- Effectively document: designs, code, and test cases.
- Use Agile Development and Design Thinking methodologies.
- Deliver products across multiple platforms: Windows, Linux, AIX.
- Perform design and code reviews.
- Collaborate across scrum teams and conduct effective playbacks for stakeholders.
- Support clients in the field with existing and new features.
This position is located in Tucson, AZ
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- 'BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrated experience.
- At least 2-3 years of practical software development experience coding in C.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong diagnostic skills.
- Excellent collaboration and teaming skills
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Enterprise class software with emphasis on application uptime and availability.
- Experience and desire to use Agile Development methodologies.
- Self-directed and motivated to learn new and emerging technologies.
About Business Unit
IBM Systems helps IT leaders think differently about their infrastructure. IBM servers and storage are no longer inanimate - they can understand, reason, and learn so our clients can innovate while avoiding IT issues. Our systems power the world's most important industries and our clients are the architects of the future. Join us to help build our leading-edge technology portfolio designed for cognitive business and optimized for cloud computing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Name: Ibm
- Industry: Tech