8901 - Corp Office West Crk - 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238
CarMax, the way your career should be!
We are currently recruiting for Senior Strategy Analysts within our Operational Strategy groups, which include sales, operations, merchandising, pricing, and human resources. The two primary responsibilities for the strategy groups are to maintain the analytical tools needed to drive your department's near-term execution, as well as to facilitate the development and implementation of actionable strategic roadmaps. Each of these strategy groups are deeply embedded with their respective departments and play a key role in driving the business forward. In this role, the Senior Analyst will execute the analytics to support your respective department's ongoing execution and provide the analytical and strategic support to make key decisions on innovation projects.
This position provides a strategic thinker, possessing strong analytical and management skills, the opportunity to play a key role in driving the strategy that will shape the future of a Fortune 500 retailer.
WHAT WILL YOU DO IN THIS ROLE?
Some of the primary responsibilities for the role include:
- Develop or enhance analytical tools, such as models, reports, and dashboards, to monitor performance and drive ongoing execution for your respective department-Sales, Merchandising, Operations, Pricing, or Human Resources.
- Deliver additional analyses on key performance drivers to support continuous improvement.
- Explore new analytical models, data sources, or strategies to drive performance improvement.
- Deliver an analytical read on tests for operational changes within your department to determine the impact of the change and inform any rollout decisions.
- Help drive innovation projects within your department by delivering or assisting in deep dive analysis for various performance improvement opportunities.
- Periodically conduct or facilitate ad hoc research to support special projects within the broader Operational Strategy group.
WHAT TYPE OF PERSON ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Specific qualifications for this role include:
- 2+ years of business experience in strategic analysis, financial analysis, consulting or engineering
- Undergraduate degree in a business, quantitative, or engineering discipline with an excellent academic record; graduate degree a plus but not required
- Experience with advanced analytics, statistics, and modeling preferred
- Computer skills: Excel, PowerPoint; SQL experience preferred
- Demonstrated top-caliber analytic and problem-solving skills
- History of achievement indicated by work experience/accomplishments, top GPA or other recognition such as scholarships, awards, honor societies, etc.
- Curiosity for finding optimal solutions to complex problems and passion for bringing those solutions to a reality within our business
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application .
If you have technical problems when submitting your application, please contact us by phone (888) 922-7629 ext. 3888 or email email@example.com.
- Name: Carmax
- Industry: Consumer