Requisition ID: 45408
All Locations: Arlington, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The selected candidate for this role will provide leadership in the definition and implementation planning for deploying Mission Assurance practices within the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) enterprise through the application of proven scientific, engineering, quality, and program management principles toward the goal of achieving mission success.
• Utilize a general systems engineering framework that uses risk management and independent assessment as cornerstones.
• Plan and execute systems studies and analyses that support technical, programmatic and organizational decision-making on a variety of projects.
• Develop and execute studies such as systems architecture analyses, technology development planning and evaluation, organizational effectiveness studies, and risk assessments.
• Work collaboratively with program development and program execution staff to fully leverage the Aerospace Corporation's technical capabilities in all relevant areas to best support the NNSA.
• Directly interact with the customer in the role of technical advisor, providing overall leadership responsibility in study planning, execution, review, and product delivery.
• Function as an individual contributor on task execution and integration of technical analyses into high quality, unified final products.
• Represent the Aerospace Corporation to customers at all levels, from working staff to administrators within their parent organizations.
• The customer for this position is the NNSA Office of Systems Engineering and Integration.
• A minimum of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in engineering, science, or related field of study.
• Five years or more of experience in mission assurance related activities with direct application to nuclear warheads; the application of system engineering, risk management, quality, and management principles to achieve success of a design, development, testing, deployment, and operations process, and identifying and mitigating design, production, test, and field support deficiencies that threaten mission success.
• Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in a self-motivated and self-directed manner.
• Demonstrated leadership and teaming skills in tasks such as formulating enterprise level plans, executing and leading studies, and utilizing internal technology competency organizations.
• Demonstrated capability to perform analysis and technical product delivery, as evidenced through examples of recent integrated work products.
• Must have a current Top Secret clearance.
• Some travel is required.
• An advanced degree in engineering, science, or related field of study.
• A formal degree or certification in systems engineering and/or project management.
• Experience in systems engineering, program controls and quality, including tasks such as requirements flow-down, interface definition, resource loaded schedules, documentation repositories, change control processes, system performance analysis, programmatic risk management, cost, schedule and performance trades, and technology development investment analyses.
• Experience interacting with customer personnel on a variety of technical, programmatic, and administrative issues.
• Experience in the analysis of complex technical, programmatic, and management environments at a high programmatic level.
• Experience in working assignments that are inherently ambiguous; e.g., not fully defined, lack complete information, poorly stated goals or ill-defined objectives.
• Knowledge of NNSA missions.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: No
Employment Type: Casual
Work Schedule: Part Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Arlington Virginia
Nearest Secondary Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Engineer, Systems Engineer, Security Clearance, Aerospace Engineering, Aerospace, Engineering, Government, Aviation
- Name: Aerospace
- Industry: Government