Your Role and Responsibilities
Job Description: Position(s) is available at the IBM Patent Center, located in Buffalo, NY
The Patent Agent position provides the opportunity to perform patent procurement work on a wide variety of IBM inventions, while interacting with IBM professionals (domestic and foreign) in nearly every business unit of the company. As part of the IBM Patent Center, you will work in a dynamic, fast-paced, and exciting work environment, with opportunities to develop and share best practices throughout the Patent Center.
- You will work in the innovative and collaborative IBM Patent Center, which prepares and prosecutes patent applications within a broad range of technologies, including, for example, technologies pertaining to cloud, cognitive computing, analytics, mobile, social, and security.
- Writing, filing, and prosecuting patent applications in the USPTO. In addition, the Patent Agent may assist in developing the best practices for doing such patent procurement work in a high-volume, high-quality mode, and may assist and mentor others in the Patent Center.
- Work with IBM Patent Attorneys, Agents, Engineers, and Administrative Professionals both inside and outside of the Patent Center. The Patent Agent will also work closely with IBM inventors.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
You should have a scientific or engineering degree (or equivalent scientific or technical training) and be:
(1) registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) or
(2) eligible to sit for the USPTO exam and actively seeking USPTO registration.
If not currently registered, completion of USPTO registration within nine months of employment start date is required.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
At least 2 years of experience as a USPTO - registered Patent Agent preparing and prosecuting US patent applications.
About Business Unit
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world's most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Name: Ibm
- Industry: Tech