Requisition ID: 45500
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation's Engineering and Technology Group (ETG) functions as a corporate pool of engineering skills and services to support National Security Space programs. Within ETG, The Acquisition Risk and Reliability Engineering Department (ARRED) supports its customers through rigorous application of Mission Assurance (MA) practices and principles to ensure mission success for spacecraft, launch systems, and their associated ground systems. These practices include core processes such as requirements, design, manufacturing, integration, and test, and verification and supporting disciplines such as risk, quality, reliability, safety, and configuration management. Aerospace uses a corporately developed MA toolset to help plan, manage, and execute the technical activities needed to ensure success.
We have a current need for a Mission Assurance Engineer to provide technical expertise for a wide variety of projects and customers; this position has dual responsibilities: first as a primary technical lead for the corporate MA toolset, and second as systems engineer that can apply engineering skills to solve a diverse set of challenges and problems facing space system acquisition today.
- Assist management with development and sustainment of the corporate MA toolset
- Act as MA toolset product owner by working with program offices to gather requirements, developing and executing roadmaps, prioritizing changes for implementation, and interfacing with the software development team
- Recommend and help execute changes that will move the MA toolset into a new era of capabilities, such as intelligent data mining or Model Based Engineering
- Develop MA toolset training curriculum and deliver training and technical support to program office staff; gather and analyze metrics for continuous improvement
- Provide technical expertise and independent customer support in the areas of space, launch, and ground systems Mission Assurance for national security space, civil and commercial customers
- Assist programs in applying mission assurance principles to the design, development, manufacturing, integration, and testing of space and ground systems
- Help develop program mission assurance plans and perform mission assurance assessments
- Analyze ways that space system programs can speed acquisition while balancing programmatic and technical risk
- Work with world-class subject matter experts to mature corporate technical command media
- Work on cross-disciplinary teams to enhance best practices and improve knowledge sharing across the enterprise
- Participate on and sometimes lead small teams to accomplish systems engineering and/or mission assurance tasks
- Help innovate by developing and applying new technologies (e.g., Model Based Engineering) to Mission Assurance in order to enhance existing capabilities and grow capabilities to new application areas
This position is available as a Member of Technical Staff (MTS) or Sr. Member of Technical Staff (Sr. MTS)
Required for MTS
- BS or equivalent degree required in aerospace, mechanical, electrical, or nuclear engineering, or related field of science or engineering
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant technical experience after a bachelor's degree
- Problem-solving skills, including the ability to identify, organize, prioritize, and ensure timely completion of tasks
- Dependability, excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with customers, staff, and management
- Excellent writing skills and a sample of written technical work
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and office collaboration tools
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
Required for Sr MTS
- Minimum of 5 years of technical experience after a bachelor's degree
- Familiarity and experience with space systems engineering design, development and/or testing
Preferred For Sr MTS
- Strong background in space systems engineering and/or graduate degree in engineering or systems engineering
- Familiarity/experience with reliability engineering or with risk planning, management, and assessment
- Experience with Model-Based Engineering (MBE) and tools (e.g., Cameo, Enterprise Architect, GENESYS) is highly desired
- Current and active TS/SCI clearance or ability to obtain one
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Electrical, Developer, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering, Technology
- Name: Aerospace
- Industry: Government